I enjoy the outdoors a lot and try to find ways to connect with nature. Best way to do it – camping. I used to love camping before getting married and once my son turned a bit older, we resumed this wonderful activity once again. This year alone, we went camping twice. But each time I found that I was missing important items. I am putting together a checklist here that will help me and other parents such as me prepare for camping (especially with kids).
- Tent (I have a 2 people tent since it is just me, my husband and my 5 year old)
- Mallet (to get the pegs in the ground)
- Lantern (super important if you want to see at night)
- Flash lights
- Sleeping bags (or any other alternatives)
- Coal (if you want to grill)
- Wood (if you want to allowed to and want to start a camp fire)
- Lighter fluid
- Aluminium foil
While for meat eaters there are many variations and varieties of grill options, it reduces drastically for vegetarians. While that is so, I still offer a few variations below that come out quite tasty.
- Corn, of course!
- Sweet peppers (you can get a colorful bag of these at Costco). Goes great with sandwich.
- Onions, tomatoes, asparagus, squash, zucchini, and peppers. (free free to add any other veg that you want to roast)
- Marinated tofu (or paneer tikka)
- Veg burgers
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Naan pizzas
For breakfast, eggs are a great option. Or an easy option is pancakes. Add some berries or bananas to the dough and you will have a scrumptious breakfast. Don’t forget to take milk (that doesn’t need refrigeration).