Summer is here and with that the visits to the beach increases dramatically. Every one loves to to go to the Beach! And especially more so in my city since access to the beach is so close. But to have proper fun at the beach, one needs to be prepared. I have compiled a list of some stuff that you can take to the beach and have more fun when you reach there. Especially if you are traveling with kids, this list can be very helpful.
- Water, of course
- Watermelons, for a hot day
- Snacks and crunchies – go ahead, kick back with a bag of chips!
- Gatorade, really helpful for a sunny day!
- Sand/beach toys
- BIG beach towels – take a couple since they are always handy to have
- Big sheet to sit on
- A soft brush to bristle off sticky sand
- Hand sanitizer
- Change of clothes
- Cap or hat if it’s hot
- Beach chairs
- Garbage bags – really useful to reduce our footprint in the beach…after all we all want to have a clean beach!
Feel free to use this and post comments with anything additional stuff that you think I have missed. Do you have any fun stuff that you never leave behind to go to the beach? Post it to me!
I enjoy the outdoors a lot and try to find ways to connect with nature. Best way to do it – camping. I used to love camping before getting married and once my son turned a bit older, we resumed this wonderful activity once again. This year alone, we went camping twice. But each time I found that I was missing important items. I am putting together a checklist here that will help me and other parents such as me prepare for camping (especially with kids).
- Tent (I have a 2 people tent since it is just me, my husband and my 5 year old)
- Mallet (to get the pegs in the ground)
- Lantern (super important if you want to see at night)
- Flash lights
- Sleeping bags (or any other alternatives)
- Coal (if you want to grill)
- Wood (if you want to allowed to and want to start a camp fire)
- Lighter fluid
- Aluminium foil
While for meat eaters there are many variations and varieties of grill options, it reduces drastically for vegetarians. While that is so, I still offer a few variations below that come out quite tasty.
- Corn, of course!
- Sweet peppers (you can get a colorful bag of these at Costco). Goes great with sandwich.
- Onions, tomatoes, asparagus, squash, zucchini, and peppers. (free free to add any other veg that you want to roast)
- Marinated tofu (or paneer tikka)
- Veg burgers
- Grilled cheese sandwiches
- Naan pizzas
For breakfast, eggs are a great option. Or an easy option is pancakes. Add some berries or bananas to the dough and you will have a scrumptious breakfast. Don’t forget to take milk (that doesn’t need refrigeration).
Living in Milpitas, I try to get involved in as many community activities as possible. Having a full time job and a small child, the list is not too big. But every 4th of July, as a family, we go to see the fireworks. It is a tradition that we follow diligently. This year has been the 3rd year in a row that we have attended the 4th of July fireworks in Milpitas. The city does a nice show starting at 9:00pm and the fireworks are always spectacular. What I like in particular is that the show is accompanied with nice music.
All the festivities happen in the Milpitas sport center.
I read a post about what successful people do before 9am and it was almost perfect. I wish I had such a perfect morning…
My perfect morning would go something like this. Get up by 5:00am feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, get in a short run or a bit of exercise and then have a healthy breakfast. A quick shower followed by a drive to office for a productive day. Doesn’t that sound perfect? But the reality is nothing like that.
While any preparation of spinach is finger licking delicious, I especially like this one. It is called “Keerai Molagutal“. It is a celebration of spinach with coconut and cooked lentils or dal. You can eat it with steamed rice or just a bowl full with a dollop of cream or plain yogurt.